One of the greatest lessons I learned from getting older is to learn the things I like, want, and need for my own life. I’ve come to learn quality over quantities, and it includes the people that I need to have around.
I don’t need a thousand friends on my social media, I only need a smaller circle of people who truly care.
I don’t need dozens of social event invitations, I only need unforgettable moments with the loved ones.
And I don’t need a bunch of bride maids on my wedding day, I only need a couple of best friends who are always there in my ups and downs.
Why can’t I have all of that with more of people in my life? Because it takes a great amount of effort just to have a few of them in a longer run and that makes all of them very hard to find!
And why did I say they were hard to find? What precisely do I need from the people that count to me?
Here’s the short list!
- I need the people who is genuinely happy for me when my life is up on the sky (and not the ones who let their envy consumes themselves);
- The people who is genuinely upset when my life knocks me down (and not the ones who are secretly happy to see me fail);
- The people who think of my problems as if it were theirs;
- The people who can keep my secrets carefully;
- The people who never get bored with the stories and problems I share with them repeatedly;
- The people who always reply my text, even the not so important ones (and just because they understand it’s really important for me);
- The people who are always willing to forgive my flaws;
- The people who still believe in me and capable to see my lights even in my darkest times;
- The people who are always in my corner (even when I’m doing all the wrong things in public); and
- The people who make time for me, no matter how busy they are.
What makes it even more difficult? Because when I know how hard they try to do all that for me, I will also put my very best effort to do all that for them back. That’s why I said; quality over quantities. I would rather to spend my times and energy to the ones that really matter.
It would be great if you can have dozens of people like that in your life, but to me, I’m beyond grateful just to have a couple of them. I don’t know what I ever did in my past that makes me deserve every single one of them. Not only they are the people I need, they’re also the people I want and I love to have to be a part of my life. I hope, I really hope, we’re going to have each other for the rest of our life.